Friday, August 19, 2011

the hardest thing about being married

before I start... a cute wedding pic for you!


...having a last name Topham. I went from Bell, as easy as it gets, to this tongue twister.
(I bet half of you don't even know how to say it huh?)

Don't get me wrong, I love being married and love being a Topham but it makes life a little bit harder:)
I went from the beginning of the alphabet to the end
from one syllable to two
from a name that you can't mess up to one that you can in more ways than one.


This conversations happens a couple times a week:

excited congratulator (prob made that word up): "and what's your new last name?!"
me: "it's Topham"
person: "hmm Topin, thats interesting"
me: "no it's actually Topham"
person: "OH Topun, sorry about that"
me: "not quite, it's Topham (really emphasising the UM sound)"
person:"well how do you spell it"
me: "T-O-P-H-A-M"
person:"OH! TopHam"
me: "NO, it sounds like Top-UM"
person: "OH I'M SO SORRY! I've got it now, Topham"
FINALLY!!!

What's really awkward is when this conversation is happening in a whisper, like at church.
 Most of the time I just stick with Topin. Makes eveyones life a little easier.

Welp happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment